Monday, October 10, 2005

This was it?

I just remembered I had e-mailed a w.i.p. low-res version of my showreel to a friend (hi, Teemu!). After losing the info in the DVD on which I had the showreel, I thought it was going to be almost impossible to get anything back. And I remember this e-mail. I just had log into my account and download it!

I though the reel was good. Now I look at it and, well, I don´t feel that proud at all. Guess that´s something good...

These are the parts of the reel that I like the most. Sorry for the big files and the really bad quality...


This was a short little test I did playing arround with Flash and AE. I used a simple cycle for the character and spent most of the time on the transition and on the shadow of the car. I was going for a very atmospheric style. If you pay attention, you can see a sun reflection on the window right before the car exits the garage. I though it looked great, but its on screen for so little time that no one notices!

I quickly added some sounds now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This one is the very first time I tryed cut out paper animation out. I loved it! So direct. The character was a 2cm drawing I had in my sketchbook. I liked his pose and looks, so I scanned and retouched it in photoshop added the joints and started animating.

I was going to add a background, but in the end it ended up looking better as it is, with no background! It actually transmits some sort of atelier feeling. In one of the tests you could see my feet popping in and out under the glass table! After I shot it, I added a hand-drawn mustache in Flash. The clip here is part of a small film that I did, all improvised.

No sound here, which is a pitty , because I think the sound really made it better.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And these are the jazz players. I wanted to keep on experimenting with cutout animation. This time I did it in flash. It took me a looong time to retouch the painting so that the arms could move without leaving a blank space behind them. The same with the instrument and the head. If you pay attention , you can also see that in some parts, the linework "floats" over the watercolour. Unluckily, this video is very low quality... This time I also drew on top with flash.

I tryed to sync with the music. I was on a rush, so the finger animation is horrible. But I still want to do a jazz players animation, with lots of reference this time!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com





I would realy appreciate any comments.

thanks in advance!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muy guapas tus animaciones. La primera esta muy bien pensada, con ese cambio de plano en plan cortinilla, la luz y todo.
La segunda ya me la habias enseñado y ahora me ha pasado como la vez anterior, que al verla me han entrado ganas de hacer animacion con recortes, jeje.
Y la tercera tiene un estilo muy años 30 o algo asi, esta muy guapa.
A ver cuando haces un corto o alguna cosilla mas larga que estas!! (Aunque en realidad se aprende mas con pequeñas pruebas, pero nos dejas con ganas de mas!!)

Unknown said...

Love this set, it's soo much fun!! Great characters!

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, true religion, christian louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet online, burberry outlet online, true religion outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, kate spade outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet online, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, red bottom shoes, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, longchamp outlet online, prada outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors handbags, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley vault, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, chanel handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, ray ban outlet, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online sale, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max

oakleyses said...

mcm handbags, herve leger, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, wedding dresses, longchamp, valentino shoes, asics shoes, nfl jerseys, nike trainers, ugg boots, north face jackets, insanity workout, replica watches, celine handbags, babyliss, north face jackets, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, nike huarache, ugg outlet, ugg outlet, instyler ionic styler, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, chi flat iron, birkin bag, vans outlet, ghd, ugg soldes, soccer jerseys, mont blanc pens, mac cosmetics, beats headphones, ugg boots clearance, bottega veneta, nike roshe, canada goose outlet, uggs outlet, marc jacobs outlet, lululemon outlet, ugg, reebok shoes, giuseppe zanotti, soccer shoes, hollister, new balance outlet, ferragamo shoes, p90x workout

oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, supra shoes, moncler outlet, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, ray ban, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, coach outlet, canada goose, lancel, oakley, parajumpers outlet, moncler outlet, wedding dress, moncler, converse shoes, pandora charms, air max, ralph lauren, vans, moncler, louis vuitton canada, moncler, hollister clothing, iphone 6 case, moncler, thomas sabo uk, uggs canada, swarovski jewelry, converse, louboutin, hollister canada, swarovski uk, moncler, ugg, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, hollister, canada goose, toms outlet, canada goose, replica watches, karen millen, canada goose pas cher, montre femme, nike air max, gucci

Dalia Alaa said...


. Lucky me I came across your website by chance
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/water-leaks-detection-isolate-company-qassim.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/water-leaks-detection-isolate-company-qassim.html

Obat NYeri Haid said...

share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Cara Mengobati Cacingan
Obat Benjolan di Belakang Telinga
Pengobatan Alternatif Penyakit Hepatitis
Obat Tradisional Cedera Lutut/Keseleo Lutut
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Bibir
Tips Menghilangkan Wajah kusam